Zhixi Tian’s lab at Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Science is seeking applications for assistant/associate professor in plant genetics and genomics. The successful candidate will use integrated approaches of genetics, compare genomics, and whole genome wide association mapping to investigate functional genomics in soybean. Preference will be given to applicants with research expertise in plant population genetics, systems genetics.
- Design and perform research projects related to soybean compare genomics independently.
- Assist research leader in training graduate students and postdoctoral associates.
- Participate in projects application and management.
- Ph.D in Genomics/Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
- Ability to work in a team environment, to track and manage complex projects under the direction of the lead scientist.
- Familiar with Linux system and at least one computer programming language (e.g., Perl), R will be a better plus.
- Have the background of statistic, familiar with different statisticial models.
- Self-motivated person with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please email your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names and addresses of three references to Dr. Zhixi Tian (Zhixi.Tian@gmail.com) and Ms. Ning Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org). IGDB is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.